Vacancy Announcement: ITEA Membership Marketer
The International Tuba Euphonium Association (ITEA) seeks applicants for the new position of Membership Marketer. This is a paid position with a monthly stipend of $325 ($3900 annually).
The Membership Marketer will be primarily responsible for the growth, retention, and engagement of the ITEA membership. The Membership Marketer will work closely with the ITEA Executive Director, Web Editor, Journal Editor, Conferences Coordinator, Chapter Coordinator, and Social Media Coordinator.
The Membership Marketer will serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the organization and will be invited to participate in meetings of the Executive Committee.
● Establish and review association policies for membership recruitment, retention, and engagement.
● Work closely with editors and coordinators for more effective engagement, recruitment, and retention of members within existing activities of the Association.
● Recommend new activities, publications, and events to encourage member engagement, recruitment, and retention.
● Establish contact with communities and vocations that are under-represented or less engaged in the ITEA membership. Develop activities, publications, and events that are geared toward these communities and are also of interest to the membership at large
Other duties will vary depending on the Membership Marketer’s specific skills and background.
This position is open to both members and non-members of the International Tuba Euphonium Association.
● Evidence of successful previous activity in organizational marketing, donor relations, or member relations.
● Experience working with non-profit organizations, particularly those that are organized and managed primarily by volunteers.
● Experience in creating print and online media content for marketing purposes.
● Experience with web design, publishing, and membership database software is essential.
Officially founded in 1973 as the Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association, the International Tuba Euphonium Association is dedicated to promoting and advancing the tuba and euphonium instruments. The organization comprises over 3000 members, representing performers, educators, students, and amateurs of all backgrounds. As a non-profit organization, it is supported by membership dues and donations. ITEA publishes a quarterly journal, maintains a website (iteaonline.org) and social media presence (@theITEA on Facebook and twitter), and sponsors biennial international and regional conferences on a rotating basis. Current initiatives include outreach to international partner organizations through “Super Regional” conferences, growth of local chapters, establishment of the ITEA Foundation, advancing pedagogy and artistry through ITEA Awards, and commissioning of new works for tuba and euphonium.
Submit cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to:
Scott Hanson, ITEA Executive Director P.O. Box 1296 Gilbert, AZ 85299
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2018.