Artist Relations InternshipDescription
Music Audience Exchange (MAX) is a technology and music marketing company that helps consumer brands and music artists form mutually-beneficial partnerships. MAX has worked with world-renowned brands such as Snapple, Canon, Toyota, Ford, Coors Light, Dr. Pepper, Jack Daniel's, McDonald's and Twix.
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our Artist Relations team. MAX’s Artist Relations team is responsible for the curation and negotiation of artists for our brand partners. We work with record labels, talent agencies, artist management teams, and self-managed artists across the country to manage all artist-related aspects of our partnership campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the music, tech, and marketing industries.
- Assist in researching and curating artists lists for brands
- Assist in writing bios for pitching artists to brands
- Assist with artist-related research and marketing tasks
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials and presentations
- Assist in scheduling meetings and various other administrative duties
- Cataloguing artist information into contact management systems
- Filing and organizing contracts and licenses
- Aid in general account management for artist relations team
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Undergraduate student from the DFW area majoring in either Music, Marketing or Advertising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (please exemplify this in your resume & cover letter too!)
- Working knowledge of the music industry
- Driven, passionate and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience a plus
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Event experience a plus
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques within the music industry
- Shadowing and training opportunities with successful music industry professionals
- Opportunity to participate in music industry events and industry meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
How to Apply
- Please include with resume and cover letter:
- A personal and original curated playlist on Spotify of what you are currently listening to
- A list of the last 5x concerts you attended and where
- An emerging artist you love and why you believe they will “blow up” in the next year or so.
- Favorite consumer brand and why
Interns will be working out of MAX’s Headquarters located in Frisco, TX. Applicants who currently live in the DFW area or will be coming back to the DFW during the summer will be considered.